15.8. 1.3.x Branch¶
1.3.x Branch is affected by the issue described in CVE-2014-2668: DoS (CPU and memory consumption) via the count parameter to /_uuids. Upgrading to a more recent release is strongly recommended.
You can upgrade your existing CouchDB 1.0.x installation to 1.3.0 without any specific steps or migration. When you run CouchDB, the existing data and index files will be opened and used as normal.
The first time you run a compaction routine on your database within 1.3.0, the data structure and indexes will be updated to the new version of the CouchDB database format that can only be read by CouchDB 1.3.0 and later. This step is not reversible. Once the data files have been updated and migrated to the new version the data files will no longer work with a CouchDB 1.0.x release.
If you want to retain support for opening the data files in CouchDB 1.0.x you must back up your data files before performing the upgrade and compaction process.
126.96.36.199. Log System¶
188.8.131.52. View Server¶
184.108.40.206. Database core¶
- COUCHDB-509: Added view request duration to Futon. #2d2c7d1e
- COUCHDB-627: Support all timezones. #b1a049bb
- COUCHDB-1383: Futon view editor won’t allow you to save original view after saving a revision. #ce48342
- COUCHDB-1470: Futon raises pop-up on attempt to navigate to missed/deleted document. #5da40eef
- COUCHDB-1473, COUCHDB-1472: Disable buttons for actions that the user doesn’t have permissions to. #7156254d
220.127.116.11. HTTP Interface¶
- COUCHDB-431: Introduce experimental CORS support. #b90e4021
- COUCHDB-764, COUCHDB-514, COUCHDB-430: Fix sending HTTP headers from
- COUCHDB-887: Fix
offsetparameters semantic for _log resource (explanation) #ad700014
- COUCHDB-986: Added Server-Sent Events protocol to db changes API. See http://www.w3.org/TR/eventsource/ for details. #093d2aa6
- COUCHDB-1026: Database names are encoded with respect of special characters in the rewriter now. #272d6415
- COUCHDB-1097: Allow OPTIONS request to shows and lists functions. #9f53704a
- COUCHDB-1210: Files starting with underscore can be attached and updated now. #05858792
- COUCHDB-1277: Better query parameter support and code clarity:
- Responses to documents created/modified via form data POST to /db/doc or copied with COPY should now include Location header.
- Form data POST to /db/doc now includes an ETag response header.
?batch=okis now supported for COPY and POST /db/doc updates.
?new_edits=falseis now supported for more operations.
- COUCHDB-1285: Allow configuration of vendor and modules version in CouchDB welcome message. #3c24a94d
- COUCHDB-1321: Variables in rewrite rules breaks OAuth authentication. #c307ba95
- COUCHDB-1337: Use MD5 for attachment ETag header value. #6d912c9f
- COUCHDB-1381: Add jquery.couch support for Windows 8 Metro apps. #dfc5d37c
- COUCHDB-1441: Limit recursion depth in the URL rewriter. Defaults to a maximum of 100 invocations but is configurable. #d076976c
- COUCHDB-1442: No longer rewrites the X-CouchDB-Requested-Path during recursive calls to the rewriter. #56744f2f
- COUCHDB-1501: Changes feed now can take special parameter
since=nowto emit changes since current point of time. #3bbb2612
- COUCHDB-1502: Allow users to delete own _users doc. #f0d6f19bc8
- COUCHDB-1511: CouchDB checks roles field for _users database documents with more care. #41205000
- COUCHDB-1537: Include user name in show/list ETags. #ac320479
- Send a 202 response for _restart. #b213e16f
- Make password hashing synchronous when using the /_config/admins API. #08071a80
- Add support to serve single file with CouchDB, #2774531ff2
- Allow any 2xx code to indicate success, #0d50103cfd
- Fix _session for IE7.
- Restore 400 error for empty PUT, #2057b895
X-Couch-Idheader if doc is created, #98515bf0b9
- Support auth cookies with
18.104.22.168. Log System¶
- COUCHDB-1248: HTTP 500 error now doesn’t occurs when replicating with
- COUCHDB-1259: Stabilize replication id, #c6252d6d7f
- COUCHDB-1323: Replicator now acts as standalone application. #f913ca6e
- COUCHDB-1363: Fix rarely occurred, but still race condition in changes feed if a quick burst of changes happens while replication is starting the replication can go stale. #573a7bb9
- COUCHDB-1557: Upgrade some code to use BIFs bring good improvements for replication.
22.214.171.124. Storage System¶
- Fixed unnecessary conflict when deleting and creating a document in the same batch.
126.96.36.199. Test Suite¶
- COUCHDB-1321: Moved the JS test suite to the CLI.
- COUCHDB-1338: Start CouchDB with
port=0. While CouchDB might be already running on the default port 5984, port number 0 let the TCP stack figure out a free port to run. #127cbe3
- COUCHDB-1339: Use shell trap to catch dying beam processes during test runs. #2921c78
- COUCHDB-1389: Improved tracebacks printed by the JS CLI tests.
- COUCHDB-1563: Ensures urlPrefix is set in all ajax requests. #07a6af222
- Fix race condition for test running on faster hardware.
- Improved the reliability of a number of tests.
188.8.131.52. URL Rewriter & Vhosts¶
184.108.40.206. Query and View Server¶
- COUCHDB-1372: _stats built-in reduce function no longer produces error for empty view result.
- COUCHDB-1444: Fix missed_named_view error that occurs on existed design documents and views. #b59ac98b
- COUCHDB-1445: CouchDB tries no more to delete view file if it couldn’t open it, even if the error is emfile.
- COUCHDB-1483: Update handlers requires valid doc ids. #72ea7e38
- COUCHDB-1491: Clean up view tables. #c37204b7
- Deprecate E4X support, #cdfdda2314